CONNECT TO WEPAY
WePay is our payment processor and is what allows us to process payments without charging a monthly fee. Please follow the steps below in order to connect your FasterCampaigns account with your WePay Account (if you already have an existing one) or sign up to create a new one.
- Sign up or Login to WePay at https://www.wepay.com/login. If you aren’t sure of your password, you can simply use the “Forgot your Password” link to recover it.
- Once you’ve logged in, you should have one accounts listed, for example “Jane Doe for District One”. You’ll need to click the link underneath the campaign name that reads “View in the updated Merchant Center”:
- You will see a screen that looks like below:
- From here you’ll need to click on both of the blue banners to complete your account info and add a bank account. Once this is done, your donation page will be live and ready to take donations!
- You should receive the notification below after logging into WePay, that prompts you to verify your account. Please don’t forget to do so within the first 40 days after connecting your account to WePay, or you won’t be receiving the donation money in your bank account.
- Essentially, WePay would need:
- Documentation that the organization collecting funds is a real legal entity
- Documentation that the person setting up the account is officially connected to the campaign
- If WePay’s Trust and Safety team needs any additional information or documentation to complete your verification, they would reach out directly to you to obtain it.